RREUSE represents social enterprises active in reuse, repair and recycling. We want the EU and national governments to move from promoting just recycling and waste management to putting secondhand first.
We are asking the European Commission to promote reuse targets above recycling in the revised Circular Economy Package.
Our members employ people at risk of socio-economic exclusion and help bring them back into work.
In addition they bring products back to the market at affordable prices providing essential household items to low income groups.
Approximately 77,000 employees and over 60,000 volunteers and trainees work within our 30 member networks across 17 EU countries and one in the USA.
The main activities of our members include:
- collection, sorting and redistribution of used textiles and clothing
- collection, repair and reuse of electrical and electronic waste (WEEE), furniture and other bulky waste
- home and community composting projects
- charity and second hand shops
- collection and recycling of paper, cardboard, wood, plastics, paints, metals, books and toys
- awareness raising campaigns, international projects, exchange of best practice and business support.
Find more at: http://www.rreuse.org/about-us/