THE FOLLOWING GUIDEBOOK MATERIAL WILL HELP AND SUPPORT YOU IN CREATING AND DEVELOPING COMMUNITY-BASED SOCIAL ENTERPRISES:
- to estimate the benefits and challenges of community-based social enterprise
- to find new ideas for developing your own community-based social enterprise
- with practical guidelines and methods to establish your community-based social enterprise
- to avoid the main pitfalls in establishing a community-based social enterprise
- to assist those already involved in community based social enterprise to build knowledge and improve practice
This was just one of educaitonal outcomes of the Visenet project. Here is some background information about the project:
As many countries rural areas are facing the same contemporary societal challenges, such as a tightening economy and diminishing local services, there is a need to find new tools for rural communities to cope with the future. One possible solution is the development of locally based social enterprise (SE). Social entrepreneurship can be defined as entrepreneurship that has a strong social goal where profits are reinvested back into the local community. The concept is, however, relatively novel in rural development across much of Europe. There is much local potential, embedded knowledge and skill in rural communities to improve local service provision and employment, but the people usually do not recognize this or know how to make full use of it. This is why there is a need to raise the capacity of local people to better address the community potential and needs by increasing their knowledge and skills of community activation, partnerships and networking, business thinking and recognizing the social impacts of social entrepreneurship in local communities.
This publication has been prepared within INDIGISE project. The content of this publication is the sole responsibility of the project coordinator and may not always reflect the views of the European Commission or the National Agency.
Leave A Comment