The ‘Better Entrepreneurship Policy Tool’ was developed by the OECD (Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities – CFE) and the European Commission (DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion). The project benefitted from constructive comments from two advisory boards and various stakeholder consultations.
The Better Entrepreneurship Policy Tool is a free online self-assessment and learning tool for inclusive and social entrepreneurship policies and programmes. The tool includes:
- Self-assessment questionnaires that provide a framework for reflecting on the inclusive and social entrepreneurship policies and programmes in a city, region or country
- Policy guidance notes and inspiring case studies to support better policy design.
It is an initiative of the Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion of the European Commission, and the OECD Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities
This tool builds on the knowledge generated jointly by OECD and the European Commission on inclusive and social entrepreneurship policy. Since 2011, this collaboration has produced a series of publications, including The Missing Entrepreneurs book series, the good practice compendia on Boosting Social Enterprise Development, and Inclusive Business Creation, policy briefs and country-specific policy reviews.
The Better Entrepreneurship Policy Tool is an online tool designed for policy-makers and other interested parties at the local, regional and national levels who wish to explore how public policy can:
- Support youth, women, migrants and the unemployed in business creation and self-employment
- Support the development of social enterprises
The Better Entrepreneurship Policy Tool
- Stimulates thought-provoking reflection on inclusive and social entrepreneurship policies and programmes
- Promotes learning through international good practices
- Enhances inclusive and social entrepreneurship policy design and implementation
- Targets a wide variety of stakeholders, such as policymakers, business associations and networks, chambers of commerce, finance providers, research institutions, education and training providers, and civil society organisations
- Operates in 24 languages.
Assess your social entrepreneurship ecosystem
Social entrepreneurship focuses on social enterprises, which aim to have a specific social impact through their economic activities. These enterprises can support local development and social cohesion, and they might need specific support measures and other enabling conditions.
This part of the tool allows you to assess whether current policies and programmes enable and support social enterprises to start-up and scale-up. The assessment includes seven modules with thought-provoking question statements, covering different action areas within the social entrepreneurship ecosystem. You will be asked to assess your context against these.
Before you start, here are some points to keep in mind:
- You can carry out the assessment in your own language by selecting it from the drop-down menu at the top right.
- Each module takes approximately ten 10 minutes to complete, depending on the information you have at hand. The full assessment, therefore, takes approximately one hour to complete.
- You can complete the assessment in whichever order you like, and in various stages.
- You do not need to sign up to carry out the assessment, but to save your results at the end you will need to create an account. An account will also allow you to create groups and invite other stakeholders to take the assessment together.
- There are NO wrong answers. Please answer your questions as honestly as possible. This will ensure that you get a true reflection.
We hope that you will find the self-assessment useful to stimulate reflection.
Please enjoy the journey! Click here for the assessment: https://betterentrepreneurship.eu/en/node/add/social-quiz
Download PDF with all the information:
Leave A Comment