The Koch Internship Program (KIP) is a paid dynamic experiential internship program in U.S. It blends educational opportunities with real work experience. While participating in KIP, interns are placed at non-profit organizations and spend their week working on important issues that affect our world. Every week, interns attend professional development sessions that build the skills needed to contribute effectively in the workplace.
Through KIP, interns learn about impactful careers in social entrepreneurship, where leaders who come from all walks of life use their unique gifts to advance positive changes in society and help people improve their lives.
While in the program, interns work at one of many KIP participating organizations, earning a stipend of $450 a week. Alongside their professional experience, interns focus on developing own experience:
- Professional development at the Charles Koch Institute is radically different from other programs. We utilize experiential learning to flip the classroom, so you direct your learning, developing the skills you need to succeed, with the support of experienced mentors.
- Gain paid work experience at a participating organization doing meaningful work.
- Identify your aptitudes, develop general professional skills, and explore various career paths.
- We’ll introduce you to Market-Based Management ®, our management philosophy that helps individuals and organizations solve problems, capture opportunities, and transform society.
- You will grow your professional network, meeting peers and mentors that can support you throughout your career and join our expansive alumni network.
All Koch Interns must be available to work at least 20 hours a week for the duration of the internship program. Additionally, interns are required to attend weekly Wednesday educational programming
Application periods 2021
Application period for the Spring 2021 ends on Jan 1st, 2021. The programme begins on Feb 10th – Apr 16th, 2021.
Application period for the Summer 2021 starts on Feb 10th and ends on Apr 16, 2021. The programme begins on June 2nd – Aug 6th, 2021.
Find more and apply here!
Learn more about Charles Koch Institute
Picture (c): https://www.charleskochinstitute.org/careers/