The Employment and Social Innovation (EaSi) programme
The EaSi programme is a financing instrument at EU level to promote a high level of quality and sustainable employment, guaranteeing adequate and decent social protection, combating social exclusion and poverty and improving working conditions.
Structure and Funding
EaSI is managed directly by the European Commission. It brings together three EU programmes managed separately between 2007 and 2013: PROGRESS, EURES and Progress Microfinance.
As of January 2014, these programmes form the three axes of EaSI. They support:
- the modernisation of employment and social policies with the PROGRESS axis (61% of the total budget);
- job mobility with the EURES axis (18% of the total budget);
- access to micro-finance and social entrepreneurship with the Microfinance and Social Entrepreneurship axis (21% of the total budget).
The total budget for 2014-2020 is EUR 919,469,000 in 2013 prices.
Objectives of the Programme
- Strengthen ownership of EU objectives and coordination of action at EU and national level in the areas of employment, social affairs and inclusion.
- Support the development of adequate social protection systems and labour market policies.
- Modernise EU legislation and ensure its effective application.
- Promote geographical mobility and boost employment opportunities by developing an open labour market.
- Increase the availability and accessibility of microfinance for vulnerable groups and micro-enterprises, and increase access to finance for social enterprises.
How to find more information?
Visit the website of EU: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=1081
Leave A Comment