As you probably know founder of Toms Shoe – Blake Mykoskie, sold half of it’s company to Bain Capital earlier this year. Eventually he invested some of that money into a new Social Entrepreneurship Fund in order to continue his mission – alleviate poverty and encourage social innovations.
Blake is looking for investees to be added to his portfolio. What are they looking for? Here is the list:
In order to be considered for an equity investment from the TOMS Social Entrepreneurship Fund, your company must meet the following criteria:
- An innovative business model that creates meaningful change.
- Be a for-profit business.
- Have a direct social mission (at scale, make the world a better place).
- Has launched, or is preparing to launch within the next 90 days.
- Have a product or service with a clear revenue stream(s) with paying customers.
- If you’re making a technical product, your team has the necessary skills to develop and manufacture the product without outside expertise.
- Have an Investment Presentation or Business Plan (minimum 15 slides/pages) that describes the problem your company is solving; the market opportunity; the background qualifications of your team; and the financial terms of the investment opportunity.
- A minimum of $100,000 of commitments from other Accredited Investors, Venture Capital Fund(s), or a Startup Accelerator. The TOMS Social Entrepreneurship Fund is a strategic, follow-on investor. We do NOT lead investment rounds.
You can read more about the fund here: http://www.tomssefund.com/